Week 1 Check

Hello friends!

WOW! This week has been a blur! I am officially done with Home MTC. I head to the Provo MTC tomorrow and I am so excited!

I love being a missionary already! Although waking up at 6:30 is sometimes hard, it’s also been so good, and I love the time I am able to spend in scripture study and prayer!

Before I started the MTC, I was super nervous about who my companion would be and if my district would be nice, but I am so blessed! I am in a trio, which means I have two companions, and they are the sweetest humans ever! I love them and we have been able to have fun even while being online! My district is also amazing! All of us are going to the Philippines and everyone seems super excited to learn and to help others learn. I can`t wait to meet them in person tomorrow!

I loved my classes in the MTC so far as well. I have four amazing teachers who help bring the spirit to class. Each class is three hours long, but the teachers do a really good job of keeping the class fun and helping us focus even though we are just looking at a screen.

I have also been able to start learning the language! I don’t know a lot yet, and sometimes I struggle but it’s been a good learning experience. It’s easy to get discouraged and think I need to learn faster, but I am also learning to be patient. No one can learn a language in one week or even in a couple of weeks. I am just excited to start learning more and hopefully progress as I work and pray.

Everything about Home MTC has been an adventure, but one of my favorite parts has been the time I can spend with my family. Every night after I finish my MTC classes and my studies, I get to hang out with my family. We have been going on long walks and playing games together—just enjoying the last week of us all being together. My sister and brother-in-law, Hailey and Jaxon, even came up for the weekend so we could spend a little more time all together.

While we were all together, we discussed my mission and what it’s like being a missionary. We spent time together and it helped remind me that I can do hard things and give my all to the Lord. It was a special moment and it helped me think about who I want to be as a missionary.

I’ll end today with a spiritual thought:

I was reading in 1 Nephi 4:3 this week and a line stuck out to me. In this scripture, Nephi and his brother are supposed to be getting the gold plates from Laban, so they can have the scriptures while they travel. However, Laban does not want to give it to them. Nephi’s brothers start complaining and say that it is impossible, here is Nephi’s response:

“An angel hath spoken unto you; Wherefore can you doubt? Let us go up; the Lord is able to deliver us.”

I love this! I have decided to make this my motto. When I feel like I can’t understand anything in the language, or I am struggling to teach, I will remind myself that the Lord is able to help me. Wherefore can I doubt? I just love the reminder that God can help us when we have faith in him.

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

The church is true! God loves you!

Love you all,

Sister Miller

Here are pictures from my walks with my mom and spending time with my family!







Comments

Popular Posts