Transferred...Almost!!!

 Hello friends, I have missed you all this week! It has been a bit of a wild week!

This week was transfer week! I was so nervous to find out the news. On Tuesday afternoon, Sister Nacar was called, and they asked her to train a new missionary! So, we were almost positive I would transfer, but we weren’t sure until that night around 10:20 when the transfer list came out!

DRUMROLL PLEASE…

I got transferred to SOLANO!!

AHH! I am sooo excited! This was Sister Nacar’s last area before coming here to Tumauini. Every time she talked about it, she only shared good things. I wanted to be assigned to this area sooo bad, but when Sister Nacar left, they put all elders in, so I thought that there was no chance I could be assigned there. But apparently, I will be blessed with my desires. And… My companion and I will be opening the area!! I am so excited to grow and learn. Although I am truly excited, I am also sad. I will miss the people here, and I will miss Sister Nacar A LOT. She has become like a sister to me.

Wednesday was a busy, busy day of packing and then saying goodbye to all our recent converts, interested friends, and members. Saying goodbye was so hard. The Caliguiran Family was so sad and told me that they had been planning a birthday surprise for me and were so sad that I was leaving. It was challenging, but I was grateful to have met them and I will never forget them.

One highlight from Wednesday was: Sister Kathlyn and Lieca were baptized!! It was a bit of a rush to get them baptized on Wednesday, but our mission president recommended it so that I could still be there. It was so wonderful. They were soo excited for their baptism and I am so grateful that I could experience it. I love them so much.

Well, just when we thought I would transfer… the transfer travel details came out and said that I would wait for further instructions. I was a little worried and confused. I have since learned that because we will be opening the area, they overlooked some things and there is no apartment for us in Solano.

So…hence the title of my email. I am still here in Tumauini! But I will transfer to Solano maybe this week. Until then, I re-said hello to all my friends! It was fun to surprise them that I am still here! They were sooo happy. The first time I said goodbye to the Caliguiran family, they cried. It was so hard. But when I came back, they were so excited! They said they would pray that there would be no apartment in Solano…so that was a little funny, but it's so sweet too!

Sister Nacar went to pick up her new trainee and I got to work with the Tumauini 2 sisters for an amazing day! They are so sweet, and we had a good time! Then Sister Nacar got back with Sister Dela Cruz! We are having a party being a trio. I am so grateful for the experiences that I had this week. It has been chaotic, but it has been a good growing experience and I have seen God’s hand in it all. He is teaching me patience and I have been able to help our people here, which is a blessing.

One more funny thing that happened this week. I told some of our interested friends when my birthday was, and now every time Kenshin prays (he’s 9) he says: “Happy birthday to Sister Miller”. I love it so much. I have to hold in my laugh every time. But I love the people here and they make me so happy. I will miss them so much!!

For my spiritual thought, I want to share apart from 3 Nephi 22:10

“For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.”

I love this so much. I have been studying about the Love of God and it is so real. God loves us all more than we can imagine. He wants us to be happy. No matter what happens, His kindness does not depart. He is waiting to comfort us, carry us, and lift us. 

This week was a bit hard. Going from transferring to not transferring, to wondering what will happen was a bit challenging (I really like planning, and I can’t plan!) But through it all, I was able to feel the love that God has for me and that He is aware of me. I know that He loves us soooo much. I have seen it in my life every day. I know that as we pray to see God’s love for us, we will be amazed at the many ways that He loves us.

I love you all so much! Next week is going to be a great week and who knows, maybe next week I will be writing from Solano!

I know that this church is true! Have a great week!

The Church is true, God loves you,
Be happy, Be brave, Be smart,
Love,
Sister Miller














 

Comments

Popular Posts