I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

Hello, my lovely friends!

This week was an adventure for sure! We had lots of fun successes, and some challenges of course, but nothing we can’t handle!

Our first big miracle of the week was that we were able to extend baptism to Sister Leonora! She is so ready to make commitments with God and we are so excited to help her. I love Sister Leonora. She has gone through so much, but her faith is so strong. Every time she bears her testimony to us, the spirit is present. And even though she is always busy and has a lot going on, she always makes time for church and for us to teach.

I am so excited for her. Continue to pray for her, she is still going through a little bit of a tough spot, and I would appreciate your prayers for her.

 Our other miracle was being able to work with the members of our branch! 

To be 100% honest, it is sort of hard for me to work with the members. It is a little scary, I don’t know what they will think about my Tagalog, plus I need to talk to them and get to know them, and then my social battery just kind of dies…but it is wonderful and needed at the same time! Plus, the branch members are actually so wonderful so we love it too!

As we worked with the branch members, we were able to introduce them to one of our friends. When we went back to visit that same friend, she asked us if we could bring the members again! It was so good for her to be able to make friends and start to feel a little more comfortable with the church.

This week was also transfer week! Big surprise—I am not moving! I will be here in Solano again with Sister Bacot for another transfer! I am actually so excited about this transfer! It is going to be an absolute party. We are excited to get to work!

We also had zone interviews with President Cobing! Finally being able to talk to President Cobing in Tagolog and understanding one another was such an awesome experience. I was able to talk to him about my area and my experiences in training. The interview was actually fast, but still a great experience.

In other news, it is sooooooo hot. I cannot even put it into words how hot it is. I would say my sleep is a 1/10…or I guess I am not sleeping. My coldish showers in the middle of the night aren’t even helping anymore…so…send prayers.

But back to business.

This Sunday, we got to watch the Urdaneta Temple dedication. It was so amazing. I absolutely loved that I got to spend a full Sunday, just focused on the temple. The Urdaneta temple is still pretty far away from us, so I won’t be able to go to it personally during my mission. However, I loved watching the dedication, and I loved remembering the sacredness of the temple. I did not realize how much I would miss the temple as a missionary. But, as I have not been able to attend, I can truly recognize the difference of not worshiping in the temple. I cannot wait to go back to the temple when I get home from my mission.

In preparation for the temple dedication, I spent some of my personal studies reading President Nelson’s address about the temples. I loved how he talked about the importance of having the priesthood as well as the temple. He talked about how the priesthood authority here on the earth makes all of the ordinances possible. But he also talked about what a difference the temple can make in our lives. He said:

“My dear brothers and sisters, here is my promise. Nothing will help you more to hold fast to the iron rod than worshiping in the temple as regularly as your circumstances permit. Nothing will protect you more as you encounter the world’s mists of darkness. Nothing will bolster your testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and His Atonement or help you understand God’s magnificent plan more. Nothing will soothe your spirit more during times of pain. Nothing will open the heavens more. Nothing!”

His promises are sure. Listening to a new temple being dedicated and feeling the excitement of the members in this area was beautiful. Living in Idaho my whole life, I always had a temple close to me. Here in the Philippines, there are only two temples and it can be really hard to get to them. Now there is a third one. God is making it possible for all of us to accept the blessings of the temple. 

As we spend time in the temple, we find more joy. I want to invite you all to go to the temple this week! Whether just to visit the grounds, or to actually go inside. I know that even being close to the temple is a way for us to feel God’s love. It is a way to open the windows of heaven. 

I love the temple so much! If you have time, I would love to hear about your experiences in the temple this week as well (sorry, I still won’t be able to respond). 

Oh! I also read an amazing talk for my personal study if you have time to read it. It is an amazing talk about becoming converted to Christ:

The Challenge to Become

The Challenge to Become



I love you all so much! I hope you all have another splendid week. I hope you all know how much God loves you! Thank you all for your support and love for me!

The church is true, God loves you,
Be happy, Be brave, Be smart,
Love,

Sister Miller










 


Comments

Popular Posts