We Thank Thee Oh God For A PROPHET!!!

 Hello, my lovely friends!

 

I hope you all had another great week! I hope you absolutely LOVED General Conference!! I am soooo jealous. Because we are 14 hours ahead of the Northwestern United States, we will not watch the General Conference until next Sunday, but I am looking forward to it!!

 

This week we definitely had some highs and lows, but it was all a great learning experience. 

 

One of my favorite high moments (or miracles) happened on Wednesday.

 

Sister Bacot and I went out to work in Bonfal, Proper (our favorite place) and the work was beautiful. We were able to teach one of our recent finds and she had sooooo many questions for us about how the church worked and what we believed. She was genuinely interested and cared about what we shared. The spirit was present, and I am so excited to continue to help her.

 

After finishing that lesson, we went to one of our other friends and shared with her the beginning of the Plan of Salvation. She also asked a lot of questions, and we were able to have a sincere gospel discussion about God's plan for each of his children. 

 

As that lesson wrapped up, we headed to our last appointment of the night.

 

This lesson ended up being one of the best lessons I have had on my mission. We were teaching about the Plan of Salvation. The person we were teaching has been taught for a long time but has had some struggles preventing him from being baptized. As we talked about how to return to live with our Father in Heaven, the spirit was powerful. He asked a lot of questions and Sister Bacot and I were directed to scriptures to help him find answers. It was an amazing experience in following the Spirit, and in feeling God’s love for each of His children.

 

As we headed home for the night, Sister Bacot and I both expressed the joy that we felt in helping people come unto Christ. We both felt exhausted but happy. I love those kinds of days and I will forever remember that special day in Bonfal, Proper.

 

The rest of our week was not quite as smooth. We faced a lot of opposition. We made a lot of set appointments, but it seemed that every time we showed up to the appointment, the person was not there, or was too busy, or just not interested. It was a little frustrating. But…we are planners! So, when weekly planning came around, Sister Bacot and I made wonderful plans as a companionship on how to best build our area.

 

I think it is easy to sometimes get caught in a rut or feel discouraged when people reject us, or a day just kind of falls apart after carefully planning for it. But I am so grateful for the opportunity to make new plans for this area and learn where the Lord wants us to spend our time. As Sister Bacot and I face challenges, we grow closer together as a companionship, and we grow closer to God.

 

And even when we have moments of everything falling apart and no one being available, I truly believe that God is directing us to find the people who are ready. This week, we were able to find a lot of amazing people. I know God is directing His work through us. I cannot wait to continue to teach these new finds. And I look forward to finding more people who are ready to hear God's gospel.

 

This week for my spiritual thought, I want to share a little about General Conference. I haven’t been able to watch most of it yet. But I am just in awe at the love that God has for us. He has called a living prophet to guide and direct us all. He wants us to return to His presence and He gave us a prophet to help us walk the path back to him. I know that as we follow the direction of the prophets and apostles we will be safely guided back to the presence of our Heavenly Father. 

 

I want to bear my testimony to you all that I know that this is the true and living church on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that through him, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored to the earth. I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon. I testify that the Book of Mormon is the truest book on the earth today and is the key to know how to receive a fullness of joy in this life and in the life to come. I am so grateful that I get to proclaim these truths to the people here in the Philippines. God loves us. We are his Children. This Church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

 

I love you all.

The Church is True, God Loves you,

Be happy, Be brave, Be smart,

Love, 

Sister Miller









Comments

Popular Posts